New Class Date: Saturday, November 9th, 10 am - 5 pm, Chapel
Please Note: Those that registered for the September 21st class have first priority to November class slots.
IT’S ALL CONSCIOUSNESS!
The Art & Practice of Living with Nothing and No One Against You and its transformational practice called The Q Process™ weave together the latest research emerging from neurobiology, developmental psychology, and quantum science with the wisdom of the world’s mystical traditions to offer a powerful path to personal evolution.
GROWING UP HUMAN
Despite our best efforts, no human environment can fully and unceasingly reflect the Divine truth of our children back to them. Some environments come close, while others fall woefully short. It is now widely accepted that childhood’s earliest years are the most impressionable, but the emerging field of Interpersonal Neurobiology suggests that it may be even more important than once thought. The convergence of several key factors has led to this conclusion:
• Young children are so deeply dependent on their caregivers for survival that parental response to their attempts at communicating needs is tantamount. Infants often display trauma responses even during relatively small lapses in need fulfillment.
• Young children have not yet developed the ability to think abstractly so everything is interpreted in concrete terms, further they are still differentiating themselves from their care-givers consequently everything that happens is seen and felt by the child as deeply personal and “about them.”
Early experiences may continue to haunt us, even after years of conventional therapy because the unconscious limiting beliefs we picked up early on actually create associated neural architecture that, when triggered, inhibits the ability to make the conscious choices that align with spiritual principle. The Q Process™ helps participants understand and reflect on their biology (how the brain and perception works) and their psychology (how they create meaning) to uncover unconscious, limiting patterns of thought and behavior set in motion in childhood still operating by default.
TRANSCENDING THE PAST
As individuals and communities become aware of these hidden beliefs and ingrained neural firing patterns they can be transformed and released. Congregants, leaders and even the organization become free from old hurts and incomplete and erroneous perceptions that keep them from manifesting their greatest good.
Research by Dr. Daniel J. Siegel and others suggest that our evolution can be fast-tracked if we develop a mindfulness practice that allows us to become aware of physiological and psychological patterns. Mindfulness can be defined as “a way of being,” a practice of being in “moment-to-moment non-judgmental awareness,” of consciously “taking a second look at our first impulse, thought or reaction, and as a “practice or path of healing.”
The Mindfulness Center in Southern Maine identifies the five core skills of mindfulness as:
1) Clarifying, setting and reaffirming intention: What am I practicing?
2) Cultivating a witnessing awareness: developing meta-cognition, state awareness, and practicing outer non-reactivity while witness the inner landscape;
3) Stabilizing Attention: staying focused, placing attention on your intention;
4) Strengthening Self-Regulation: settling negative energy intentionally, bringing the whole brain back on line; and
5) Practicing Loving Kindness: calming the inner critic and self-judgment, practicing non-judgmental awareness and kindness and compassion for yourself and others.
The Q Process™ integrates these five principles in a structured reflection tool to reframe triggering experiences.
Some participants report immediate success in differentiating themselves from their patterns and this brings some relief. They see they have a pattern, but they are not the pattern. While it is not the objective of the session to bring about a cessation of all habitual behavior, it is intended to offer participants an opportunity to develop a new habit of “seeing,” one in which they develop a witnessing presence, where they come to observe themselves, even in real time.
$75.00 enrollment and class fee includes The Q Process Workbook and 3 sessions of one-on-one coaching with Rev. Denese Schellink.